If you’ve been struggling to make money online and want to learn a better and easier way, then pay close attention…
Today’s Reality: The information industry is growing at a phenomenal rate (think: tens of billions annually!) and it continues to be one of the easiest and most profitable online businesses just about anyone can start… that’s if you have the right system AND mindset!
Over the past 18 years, Derek Gehl has started, grown and sold multiple 6, 7, and 8 figure Internet businesses while at the same time sharing his strategies and systems with hundreds of thousands of people around the world.
My Goal Tonight..
“Oh wow! Paradigm shift!”
How to become an Internet lifestyle entrepreneur?
- Before going into an opportunity ask yourself
- Will this opportunity allow me to live the life I want?
- What is your end game?
- The biggest mistakes young entrepreneurs make is they build themselves a job not a business.
- Today you can create an Internet business anywhere in the world. Think about the global market.
Are you ready to learn how to start your internet business from scratch and then take it to 7 figures while experiencing the time freedom you deserve?
The 7 Truths of An Internet Entrepreneur
Truth #1: Best Internet Business
- Information Marketing
- You own it. You control it.
- Demand is high, information is a new commodity
- They scale quickly and easily
- Global information industry is worth $400 billion
- Online courses is $52 billion
- Huge profitability because of massive margins.
- Your selling a virtual product.
- Leverage = Trusted Advisor
- Build trust and become the trusted advisor
- This gives you huge power
- Use it in a good way or you will lose it fast
- You can sell them on other related products and services
- You can sell anything to them once you have their trust
“But Derek, what about all of the ‘FREE’ information?”
- You get what you pay for.
- There is a difference in quality between free and higher ticket informational products.
- They’re not just buying information. They’re buying a transformation.
- People will pay for really good information / transformation
Truth #2: Your Most Valuable Asset Is Your List
- Create a simple product
- Start with a small entry level product
- To build trust and get their email
- The money is in the list.
- Build a segmented customer list or customer database.
- This will pay huge dividends over its time.
- First step is not getting them to buy.
- It’s to get them to opt-in and build the relationship through email marketing.
- If strong relationships are built it’s not selling its recommending
Truth #3: Most Important Skills.
- How To Turn Words Into Cash – The Magic Of Copywriting With Dan Lok
- Copywriting is the foundation of everything you do online
- Understand how to craft a good sales letter
- Study the best stuff in your industry
- You need to at least understand the fundamentals
- Use it to move people through a process
- Good copywriters are EXPENSIVE. Really expensive.
- Everything you do is copywriting, even speaking.
- You can never go wrong with learning this important skill.
- Facebook advertising
- Email marketing
Truth #4: How to be More Profitable
- Be Premium
- Never compete on price. Compete on value.
- Don’t get in a race to the bottom
- Find a profitable niche
- Start teaching 1 simple thing and go deep with it.
- Build on it from there
- Record live events and turn that into a product you can sell
- You can move into physical projects once you’ve established credibility
- Low ticket liquidating items are just to build the relationship and get the email.
- Make money on the backend with premium content
- Find ways to add value
- Create celebrity around what you do
- Without good copy you can’t sell at a premium
- Build coolness in your product
- Add lots of value like give access to you as the expert but not unconditionally
- Use group coaching
Truth #5: The Best Way to Sell Premium Products
- Send out an email → Free webinar
- Webinars are the fastest way to sell high ticket items
- Shortens the sales process
- Public speaking is also good.
- Recommend products through webinars
Truth #6: The Biggest Traffic Opportunity TODAY
- Facebook Advertising
- Biggest traffic generator
- Best targeting options
- Basically a license to print money
- If you want leads, understand how to use Facebook Ads
- It’s a low cost to get emails
- Learn how to write ads that get clicks and send people to landing pages to get their email
- Facebook leads have to be warmed up before you sell to them
Get out of North America
- Most other countries are further behind
- Clicks will be cheaper as there is lower competition
- You can reach any market on the planet with the internet
Truth #7: Value YOUR Time & Outsource
- Don’t do everything yourself
- Build a virtual team
- Quit doing the stuff you’re not good at.
- Focus your time learning marketing, copywriting and facebook ads
- Outsource a process not an outcome
- Contractors overseas don’t produce outcomes.
- Don’t expect them to you will be disappointed.
- It’s up to you to figure out the process that will give you the results you want
- For the next 2 weeks keep a time log of all your activities
- Group and analyze tasks
- Could you create a training video and teach an assistant to do that?
- Quit treating them like contractors, treat them like they are apart of the team
- Have video conferences with them
- You can use Instagram and periscope if you’re market is there but facebook should always be your #1
- Use affiliate traffic as well.
- Can be one of the best sources of traffic because they come pre-warmed up
- Read “Delegate & Grow Rich with Dan Lok”
Good Opt-in Content
- 1 pages
- 5 things to do
- Attention span is dropping like a rock. People don’t want to listen to a 90min webinar until they know and trust you. Use these because customers don’t have to invest a lot of time
- Never give up
- You will face challenges
- Quit chasing shiny opportunities
- Focus on 1 thing for a few years
- How To Create A Six-Figure Online Training Business, with Iman Aghay
- How To Turn Words Into Cash – The Magic Of Copywriting With Dan Lok
- Optimizing Your Marketing Campaigns With Landing pages
- YouTube Marketing Strategies
- Delegate & Grow Rich with Dan Lok
Questions & Answers
How do you determine if what you know is profitable to teach?
- Is there competition in your market?
- If yes, then there must be money in it
- Niche down. Be specific and specialize in your niche market.
- Use your USP to differentiate yourself
- How can you make yourself unique and better than your competition?
How do you sell hot sauce with info marketing?
- What’s your margin? $7.95 30% margin
- Sell at higher margin 130%
- So you can afford to test and advertise
- Teach people how to make hot sauce and why yours is so special. People will think it’s hard and a lot of work and just buy yours
How do I know If I should use a free membership as an opt-in offer?
- You should have as many ways to opt in as possible
- Newsletter, Free course, different ebooks, ect
- Have different lists for different customers
- Have at least 5 different opt-in options
- Then let them run through your email sequences
Selling With Webinars
- Gets lots of traffic
- People who know who you, are more likely to buy from you
- Use pre-recorded webinars that start in 60min from signup time to get a 90% show up rate.
- Sell only low ticket items with cold traffic unless you have a big brand.
- For big ticket items your prospects need to be warmed up first.
- Do this with a series of emails and free content
- Talk to people like you’re a real human. Be conversational.
What auto webinar software should I use?
- Stealth seminars
- More expensive but everything is set up for you
- Webinars that start in less than an hour get high showup rate
- Make people feel like it ‘s a live webinar
- Offer no replays to force people to show up
How would you change your approach for a B2B market?
- Copy changes – Different tone, more professional
- Use Linkedin to find the decision makers
- Get permission to educate them about it
- Use a back door strategy to get in contact with them
- Getting attention of the decision maker is your biggest challenge
How to test outsourcers?
- Push an ad out
- Sift through all the applicants and find the top 4
- Create a small test project that is related to your big project.
- Specify requirements and be detailed
- See how they perform
How do you determine what is needed and then how do you focus on that?
- Goal setting prioritization – block out your time
- Use Batching (Group similar tasks together and do them all at once)
- Layout your week ahead of time
- Turn off all distractions
- Set time aside to work on the important aspects of your business
Should I get people to pay monthly?
- Retention can be tough in the info marketing world
- People will fall off
- Sell upfront larger price point
How to learn copy?
- Read notes from “How To Turn Words Into Cash – The Magic Of Copywriting With Dan Lok”
- When you hire a copy writer get them to explain their techniques
- Always perfect your skills
- Start with fundamentals and structure first
- Then get into wordsmithing
- Learn NLP – spoken copywriting
- Lookup pattern interruption technique
How to improve marketing for any business?
- Every business should have a funnel set up.
- Then move as many people through that funnel as possible.
- Draw out your funnel
- What’s the first step, second step, third step, fourth step, outcome?
- Don’t look at your marketing and say it’s not working. There’s a sequence you must follow.
- Fine tune and improve each step
- Think about the lifetime value of your customer