SociaLIGHT Notes – Jairek Robbins
- The Ultimate Leadership and Entrepreneurship Event
- Triple Bottom Line Leadership “People, Planet, Profit.” Design
- Business as a force for good
- #SLT15 #SociaLIGHTMovement #VSW15
Notes & Resources
Mr. Jairek Robbins is a #1 selling Author, lifestyle entrepreneur and performance coach. He’s a man dedicated to helping professionals “Achieve Success by Living With Purpose” in your life and business. At only 23 years old, Jairek was awarded the Congressional Award (Gold Medal) from the United States Congress.He has conducted trainings for a variety of companies & organizations including… The United States Marines & Air Force, BMW, REMAX, UBS and members of the U.S. Olympic team.He is a trusted advisor and board member to a variety of different companies and has founded 2 of his own. Today, with over a decade of performance coaching experience continues to unlock secrets for maximizing performance and organizational success (and he’s just getting started). As an innovator, Jairek is applying his own philosophy and living a life of adventure, philanthropy, and entrepreneurship. Whether it’s cage diving with great white sharks, hanging with silverbacks in Rwanda, white water rafting down the Nile, working as a volunteer in underdeveloped regions, or building a powerful enterprise that’s built for results, Jairek does more than talk about it, he stretches the boundaries of traditional thinking and makes it happen.
Human memory & retention is linked to participation
- Writing it down
- Saying it out loud
- Teach it to others
- This boosts retention rate from 10% to 80% by forming more neural pathways in your brain.
If it doesn’t add value it will eventually be eliminated
Achieve Success by Living on Purpose
- Live life to the fullest
- Don’t die inside at your 30s
- Are you really living?
We ask People 1 Question in a grocery store
- In regards to your happiness what is the best and worst thing that could happen to you?
- Worst – Become paralyzed
- Best – Win the lottery
Reality shows opposite
- Study shows that lottery winners are more depressed than the people that were paralyzed.
- Why is that?
- Happiness is linked to progress
- Growth of expectation
- When you are paralyzed your expectations of what life owes you is lower.
Lower your expectation of what people owe you
- The more you think people owe you the less happy you will feel
- Raise your standard for what you bring to life
Imagine your Absolute Ideal Day (Can you have more of these?)
- Imagine waking up on your ideal Day.
- What is your 1st thought on that day?
- Who would you experience that day with?
- What would you learn, teach or share that day?
- Who do you go out with for lunch that day?
- What do you do for fun?
- How is your business on that day?
- How fulfilled are your clients on that day?
- Would you watch the sunset and take the time to enjoy the details of life?
- What would you be grateful for?
- What are the most important elements of that day?
New Morning Ritual
- What do you do right when you wake up?
- Do you go straight to your phone?
- If you are attached to your phone you are missing out on life
- Visualize your ideal day
- Do a gratitude exercise
- Mentally rehearse for what is going to happen in your life.
- Let it happen 10,000 times in your head
- 10 min meditation
Pleasure vs fulfillment
- Make life-based on true fulfillment not quick pleasure
Today’s average college grad has spent less than 5,000 hours reading but over 10,000 hours playing video games, not to mention 20,000 hours watching TV. Computer games, email, the Internet, cell phones and instant messaging are integral parts of their lives.
How much time do you spend on foundation?
- As an entrepreneur, you are busy. Look for minimum investment for max return.
- How do you build this into a daily habit?
- What is one GOOD habit you’d like to build into your daily life?
- What is one BAD habit you’d like to eliminate from your daily routine?
Form a daily habit to improve your…
- Relationships with family and spouse
- With relationships, there is no minimum invest for max return.
- Read the 5 love languages
- Show your appreciation
- Professional life
- Your health
- How healthy are you?
- Healthiness is the true wealth in life
- Emotional intelligence
- Do you react in a negative way to life’s situations?
- Own yourself emotionally
- Save, grow, invest
What have you trained your brain to do on autopilot?
- The power of a habit
- 40% of what you do every day is on auto pilot
- Train your brain to form new habits.
- Set up a reward system
How to layer your day
Get up early & start the day
- It takes 2 hours after waking up for your brain to reach it’s full capacity. Spend the first hour doing a really solid morning ritual to activate your emotional rocket fuel
- Don’t look at your phone
Morning Ritual 20/20/20
- Meditation Breathing
- 4 Part Breath
- Eat healthy food
- Gratitude exercise
- Exercise for 20min
- Read out your goals
- Lock your brain to where you are going
- 20-year plan
- 10-year plan
- 5-year plan
- 3-year plan
- Monthly, weekly and daily goals
2 hours after waking up
- Make your most important decisions
- Do your most important tasks
- Performance is the highest
- Eliminate distractions
- Turn off your phone, facebook and all notifications
Do your email at 12pm and 5pm
Lower your cognitive load
- We make on average 200 decision a day
- Mostly unimportant decisions like what you should eat or wear
- Automate unimportant decisions
Manage your state for peak performance
- BIG FAT LIE We can’t control how you feel
- How are you using your body?
- What do you say to yourself?
- What are you focusing on?
- These all affect how you feel.
A Little About Creative Inventory
We take complex ideas and make them simple with 60-90 second animated explainer videos. They help increase conversion rates for online companies by providing entertaining educational marketing. Check out our portfolio.
The 4-Fundamentals to RAISING YOUR STANDARDS!
- If serving is beyond you so is leadership
- Raise your standard of service
- Repetition is the mother of skill
Belief: A feeling of ABSOLUTE CERTAINTY.
- Limiting beliefs hold you back.
- Empower beliefs pull you forward
What is your ideal life vision?
It won’t go completely to plan but that’s ok. Knowing where you want to go is essential to getting the life you want. Whatever you envision in your mind is where you are headed.
The word decision literally means to cut off from any other situation, in Latin. Consequently, it is something that must be fulfilled, it is an obligation to oneself and to others.
What is the story you tell yourself every day about why you are not getting the result you want?
Fastest way to change a limiting belief
- Do something to defy that belief
- Write it down
- Go to thework.com
- Ask yourself Is it true?
- Is it true all the time, everywhere, no matter what? NO nothing is!
- Who are you when you believe this to be true?
- Who would you be without this belief?
Turn it around.
- All tools work some of the time but not all the time for everyone.
- Learn as many tools as you can and find out what works for you.
- People won’t budge until you activate them emotionally
- Don’t tell people what to do! Ask them powerful questions that get them to come up with their own answers.
- Help them to become the genius
- Learn how to gain rapport in every situation
- Think of a time you felt proud of your life
- Ask powerful questions.
- Tell a Story
- Remember a time when you felt amazing
- How is the environment affecting your emotions?
What is the #1 Limiting belief holding you back?
- Make a powerful decision and have absolute commitment
- Focused Action
- How many times are you willing to attempt something until you get the results you want?
- How can you create consistent focused action?
- Sometimes you have to try a 1000 times before you get the result you want
- Get the mind to focus on where you want to be.
Multitasking is a Myth
- Multitasking is a lie
- What is the opportunity cost from switching from 1 activity to the next?
- Same thing happens when you change your focus
- 40/60 mins is wasted because of distraction
- Shut off all distractions
- Turn off your phone
- Try to stay focused on a single activity until it’s complete
What decision MUST you make TODAY in order to RAISE YOUR STANDARDS and BREAKTHROUGH the limiting belief that is holding you back?
What has to happen for you to be 100% committed to Breaking Through that old limiting story once and for all?
What is one ACTION you can take IMMEDIATELY to create momentum towards RAPID RESULTS in your life and business?