How I Made A Million Dollars Blogging, with Yaro Starak
Yaro will take you on a journey back in time to teach you how he used his blog to sell over a million dollars worth of digital products. He will also introduce his “Blog Sales Funnel” model, a system that combines blogging and email marketing, which you can use to sell your digital products and services on autopilot.
Million Dollars Blogging
A blog is about creating a platform to become a minor celebrity within your niche subject. It helps establish credibility, makes it easier to become a published author or speaker and helps you sell your products and services. It is an Internet business that you run while traveling. A Blog is more effective than regular websites because it lets you build a relationship with a large number of people all at once. The content is interactive and can be easily shared. Portfolio websites don’t work anymore. Blogs are a long term relationship building tool that can be valuable for any business.
Blog sales funnel
- Funnel people downward to higher price point products and services
- Blog is at the top to capture a large audience
- Email list to build your audience
- Low price front end product or subscription
- Flagship course
- Membership site
- live events
- private coaching
How to make Money with a blog
- Banner Advertisement
- Email newsletter sponsorships
- Affiliate commissions online courses
- Promote products/services
- Online products like ebooks and courses
- Business model is important – It has to be able to scale and use leverage
- Many to many business model
- Like a Middleman between 2 groups of people
- Internet marketing
- Blog tech setup
- copy writing
- Sales funnels
- Conversion rate optimization
Direct response copywriters
Step 1: Topic Selection
This is where most people fail:
- Needs to be a problem people spend money to solve
- You need to have true empathy with the customer. Know the emotional reason they would buy. Step into their shoes. Know their problem better than they do.
- Leverage a strength you have something that will give you an edge over your competition.
Step 2: The Selling System
- Not a fan of advertising model, an email list is important. You have to build a list.
- Use the email list to educate people
- Have an Optin form with a FREE ebook / product to encourage people to sign up with their email
- Blog –> Email List –> Product Offer
- Don’t do things haphazardly. Everything should have a Purpose
- Preselling blog content. Give them value for free
- Guide the visitor through a funnel
- Offer making email sequence
- Rapid product creation methods – selling webinars and recording them for an on going product.
Step 3: Traffic
- Don’t get overwhelmed. You will have one breakthrough channel.
- Focus on that one. Pick one channel and go deep with it, learn it well.
- Social Media, podcasts, Youtube, Pinterest, Facebook, Linked-In, ect
- Expand to others when you have resources to do so.
- Develop a Qualified targeted list. Have multiple lists and move people around based on their interests
CRM Tools – Customer Relationship Management Tools
- Sales force
- Infusion soft
- Action campaign
Step 4: Systematic Testing
- Improve Each Step of the Funnel
- If you are not making sales, use this method to test your system.
- Traffic source –> Optin rate –> Email Open rate –> Click through –> Sales convert
Step 5: Multiply for Growth
- Once you have a method to test ROI (Return On Investment)
- More traffic
- PPC ads
- More Products
Q & A
What is your opinion on blogging / video blogging? What is better?
It’s a personal preference. Either one works, go with your strengths.
What blog platform do you prefer?
WordPress – Lots of plugins and functionality. It is the most common.
How can I share stories about my patients without violating patient confidentiality?
Remove their name and anything that can be used to identify them. Ask them if they mind you sharing parts of their story. Get it in writing if you are worried. Case studies are the best form of preselling.
What if i’m just selling a service?
Have a font end service. Multiple funnels about different needs and connecting them to those services. Pretty much the same method as selling products.
How do I sell a $1000 product?
It is harder than ever to get a customer to buy from you. So many choices and a huge lack of trust. Fist promote a series of free content like blog posts. Then give them a taste of what you offer with a front end offer at a very low price like $10. Solve a problem they have, develop trust and make them want more. Ascend them up the lader to a higher value/price point offers. Offer greater support for these services such as phone calls.
Do you think pop up optin boxes still work or are they just annoying?
The more people that use optin the less it works. You need to stay on top of new methods because things change overtime but Popups still work. I use an exit pop up and get good results with that.