Use LinkedIn To Generate More Business
Melonie Dodaro, is an international social media speaker, consultant and trainer who has been dubbed by the media as Canada’s #1 LinkedIn Expert & Social Media Strategist. Melonie’s passion is in helping businesses cut through the noise on social media and get amazing results with marketing their business online.
LinkedIn is the worlds #1 Business Social Media Network
- 9 million people in Canada
- Avg Household income on linked-In $109,000
- People are 2X more confident with the information they get on linked-In than any other social network
- Its 277% more effective for lead generation when done right.
- So are you ready to use LinkedIn to generate more business?
Are you making the right impression?
- Get found – Be found for what you offer
- Attract your ideal client
- Stand out – social media is noisy
- 99% of people are doing it wrong so this is easy
Step 1: Optimize Your Profile
- Have 2 – 3 specific keywords that have a high density throughout your profile
- What keywords would people use to find you?
- In your headline – Holds weight in linked-In’s Algorithm
- In the title of current experience
- In the title of past experience
- In your skills
- Use your location name if you’re a local only business
EXAMPLE: Kelowna accountant & business advisor helping businesses, Start-ups & Real Estate Investors experience growth and profits
Expert Tip: Don’t use owner or CEO as your title. Use words your clients search for like animator, designer, web developer, ect
Who’s Viewed Your Profile?
- Once you’ve optimized your profile your numbers should exponentially increase
- Track your profile views to see the difference
Step 2: Attract & Engage Your Idea Clients
- Summary – client focused written well
- Write in 1st person
- Speak to your target market
- Share how you can help them solve their problems. Make it about them not you.
- Use a call to action. If you looking for XYZ Email me here or Download this Free Report
Get them on the phone
- Get people on the phone as quickly as you can for big ticket items
- You can’t sell people expensive items without phone call. Email only goes so far.
- Get them into a Funnel so you stay top of mind. Give value.
Look at your best clients
- What similar qualities do they have?
- What do they want? What problems do they have?
- Speak to them and use their language
Step 3: Complete Your Profile
- Professionally done profile pic
- Video – No more than 2
Skills and Endorsements
- 99++ Endorsements on your main skills and keywords
- Profiles with social proof show up higher in linked-in search
- Get many recommendations
- Listen to the language your target market uses
- Invest time consistently into linked in to see results
- Express needs of ideal clients
- Keywords throughout profile
- Visual enhance your profile with videos and pictures
- Develop a lead magnet
- Initiate new relationships by personalizing message
- Nurture relationships on LinkedIn
- Create messages that provide value
- Connect and build your network
- Develop strategic partners with people that have a similar target audience
- The larger your network the easier it can be to find other people
- But don’t become a lion (1000+ Contacts). You want quality contacts.
- Move relationships offline to convert prospects into a client
How much time should I allocate to Linked-In
- Need a little business – 10min a day
- Need some business – 30min a day
- Need lots of business – 60min a day