10 Ways To Grow Your Business On Facebook – Matt Astifan
Web Friendly teaches social media strategies to tackle the two biggest challenges in marketing: lowering acquisition costs, and increasing lifetime value.
Facebook has continued to be the reigning champ of social media networks, as the #1 spot where people connect and share online. More than just a meeting place for friends, Facebook is venue for businesses to market their products and services through interaction with prospects and customers. .
Clearly, Facebook has become a key marketing piece for business success. But how do you make that happen on limited time and budget? In this presentation we will be looking at ten ways you can use Facebook for marketing even if you’re on a shoestring budget.
“The goal of online marketing is to create a machine that turns $1 into $2”
“Facebook Ads is the most targeted Ad platform in the world
“Testing leads to failure and failure leads to understanding”
“Marketing is a lot like dating which is why most sales aren’t closed on the first interaction”
#1 Optimize and complete your personal profile
- Utilize your personal profile
- A status on personal profile gets seen by way more people than your business page
- Where do you work?
- Where are you from?
- What you email address?
- What’s your phone number?
- What’s your website?
- What’s your twitter handle?
- What do you do?
- Put all this information in your about you page inform people about what you do but don’t be overly salesy.
- Get a really good professional photo that shows your personality
- Make your profile public so more people can see your updates
- Don’t share anything on Facebook that you would not want the whole world to see. Even in private messages.
#2 Get the lowest cost for likes
- You can market to friends of your fans
- Email everyone to get your first 50 fans
- Get 500- 1000 fans via advertising
- Use right column ads. Turn off news feed / mobile ads
- See how narrow you can make it but keep the # as high as possible while still being targeted
- .50 – 1.50 for local likes
- .10 – .50 cents is what Matt likes to pay
- Put an ad out for $10 a day
- Test out a lot of different targeting options
The more targeted your ads are the less fake likes you will get
You Can Buy Facebook Likes
- Dirty trick to fake credibility. Not recommended but some people do it for social proof.
- You can do so on fiver.com look at top rated and make sure the url is the same as the service as some people change this later to give the appearance of good reviews
- You can buy 100 – 200 just to get started
- But you want real engagement on you page for it to become successful and you need reel fans to have a business.
#3 Boost all your post
- Test out $1 a day for 5 days
- This will ensure more people will see it friends and friends of you fans will also see it.
- Every time Facebook ads a new feature try it out as you always get the best results in the beginning for way cheaper.
- Mix text only photos video for all your Facebook campaigns but keep your message consistent
#4 Tag photos in your post
- The ad will reach all the the tagged persons friends
- Only tag people that are in the photo otherwise you are spamming people.
- Matt tags his speakers in the photo of ads for his meetup and has got amazing results
#5 Create a content calendar
- Plan ahead
- Use a Facebook group with your team as a project management tool to comment on and approve posts. Like means approved and is ready for scheduling a comment means changes
- Create a secret group so only your team can see it
- 1 post every second day for some businesses
- 2X a week and boost your post. 8 posts per month at $40 works for most businesses
- Being consistent in posting is the difference between success and failure.
- Find relevant content that your audience would like to see.
- Share links to your blog posts on your Facebook page then promote it
#6 Facebook Groups
- Gives more exposure – 100% of people will see it in their news feed
- Set rules like no self promotion
- Don’t spam in groups
- build a community related to your business
- Fan pages are for promo
- Only build communities you would want to be apart of
- Share you life not just your business. Like creating a reality show about you. Helps build a relationship with your audience they get to see who you really are.
Good Groups To Join
- Search box for all questions ever answered by these professionals
- Amazing resource
#7 Build your sales funnel
CALL TO ACTION
- Always have a call to action – There is a call to action button you can add with a link tracker built in
- Likes don’t do you any good until they become leads and sales
- Run ads just your fans – cheaper and more likely to buy
HAVE A LANDING PAGE
- You need to have a process that turns clicks into customers
- You need a landing page before you do ads
- You have to build a really good sales funnel
- Have videos
- Always refining and tweaking it
Lead Pages $200 – 300/year less customization
#8 Facebook Ad Campaign
- No other platform can get this targeted
- For targeting do some research to see what seems to work in your industry
3 MAIN TYPES
Ads to get fans
- Has a like button
Ads to get engagement
- Use pay per impression. The more time they see it the more likely they will engage with your content.
- Pay per 1000 impressions
Ads to get leads and sales
- Allows for external url to landing pages
- Tracks connections
- Click optimize for most clicks
- Purpose of this add is to get more leads and sales for your business
#9 Split testing ads
- Don’t just create one ad create many variations
- The more you create the better
- Learn from it see what does best and see what doesn’t work
Do 2-3 batch with 1 control and 3 variants
#2 Change pic
#3 Change headline
#4 Change description
- Run ads for a week. Turn it off then back on to refresh it.
- Ads seem to die off automatically.
- Pictures of people, food and animals have high conversion rates
- Everyone should do it
- Target people who have been on your website
- You can get very specific. Been on this page and made it to this point.
- www.Facebook.com/ad/manage >> Audiences >> Create audience >> website traffic
- Pixel code – Put it in the <head> </head> Section of your website code
- Look alike audience – Ties to find people that are similar to people in your list
- Don’t be scared to ask people for the sale but add value first.
- Ask yourself. How would you like to be sold to?